Thursday, April 30, 2009

We're home!

Whew!! What a relief. If I EVER see that NICU again it will be too soon. They took great care of him but I'm just so glad to have him here with us. His big sister is in love with him already. Her reaction was so cute! I got it on video. I'll try to upload it on here if I can figure it out. Yay!!!! We have a bunch of appointments to go to of course, but I can deal with that. Cardiologist, Neurosurgeon, Hearing test (he failed the hospital one on his left side) and of course the primary pediatrician.

He's going to be a MAJOR eater, I can tell. He's a bit of a slow nurser - he's having a hard time getting the hang of it, but I just kind of thought its because I didn't get to do it a whole lot while he was in the NICU. I'm hoping now that we are home I can nurse him to his hearts content and he will get better at it. If not, I'll pump, no big deal. He is just so amazing!! I am so glad he's home :)

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I'm so glad he's home! I remember how good it felt to walk out of that NICU for good! Happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it IS a great feeling to be able to leave the NICU behind! so glad your home!

    ReplyDelete