Sunday, June 21, 2009

Hmm...

Poor Joey has been having issues going poo! He was ok for the first few weeks when he was breastfed, but since I had to stop, he's been having problems. The first formula we tried was soy, and he didn't have any problems with that other than being gassy. I thought maybe it was just because of the soy, so I tried a milk based formula. He still didn't have any issues going so I thought I'd try the gentle version of that formula. And THEN he started getting constipated. He would strain and strain until his face turned red and cry because his poor belly hurt. He went a whole week without having a substantial poo, just little bits here and there. After trying Karo syrup and apple juice, I finally had to resort to a suppository, and that did the trick of course. Nothing else seems to help other than that. We've been to the pediatrician a couple of times and... nothing. He went another three days without going so they told me to give him another suppository. Poor thing! We have an appointment with a pediatric gastroenterologist to try and sort this out. It's on the same day as his checkup with the neurosurgeon, so I'm glad to get two visits out of the way in one day. I hope we get this figured out so he can poo like a normal baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment