Friday, April 23, 2010

One year ago today...

My sweet boy came into this world!! It's been an amazing year. Wow, I can't believe it's been a whole year! I remember sitting in the triage prep area getting ready for my c-section, and having no idea what was going to happen. I was scared, nervous, and excited all at the same time. I wanted so badly to meet my little guy, but I was so scared at what was going to happen, worried that he was going to have a really big head, scared that he was going to have a lot of problems. They took me into the operating room to get my epidural, and I had a really rough time with that. The anesthesiologist was totally cold, he had no bedside manner at all. He kept telling me to lean over farther, but that's just slightly impossible when you have a huge stomach in the way. When he finally got it in, I started feeling sick and they had to give me medicine to keep me from throwing up (yuck) but I made it through. I was so out of it from the meds, but I made myself stay alert so I could hear what was going on. I heard them say they were pulling him out and then I heard him cry! It was the most amazing sound EVER. They took him over to get cleaned up and let my husband go over and watch, and then he got to hold him before they took him away to the NICU. He brought him over to me and my first thought was that he looked NORMAL. He was so beautiful, I was in tears. It was such an amazing day! And now here we are, a year later, and he is absolutely thriving! He is about three months behind physically, but other than that he is so smart! I am so so proud of my little man :)

Pics to come!

1 comment: