Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Update

Joey had an appointment with a neurologist for the first time today. I'm really glad we went, because I found out that Joey has a thinned or absent septum pellucidum (I think that's how its spelled) and possibly a thinned corpus callosum (?) which could be the cause for his eye issues. I wish someone would have told me that a lot sooner, it would have saved me a lot of worry. But at least now we know. It's very hard to know what's going to happen at this point since he is still so young. But at least we have a better idea of what's going on. He has another MRI on Friday. It will be interesting to see how his brain looks now that he has a shunt (his first one was done before he had his shunt placed).

2 comments:

  1. Cayman's Septum Pellucidum and Corpus Callosum are both completely absent for her too. She has progressed marvelously without them. I pray the same for Joey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bryleigh has an absent septum pullicidum and a thinned corpus callosum too. At first i had worries with her eyesight, but with age she has done great!

    ReplyDelete